Are you guys surfing the internet to see how to fix Netgear extender setup well you are reading the right article? In this article, we will describe ways to set your Netgear extender quickly. This process will take a couple of minutes to set up. In this era of technology, range extenders play an important role in our households and workplace.
Extenders are used to extend your existing wifi connections and help it to deliver network at every footstep. Further in this article, we will describe some troubleshooting hacks to resolve your issues regarding mywifiext net.
Steps to setup Netgear extender.
Read the steps mentioned below to set up your Netgear extender in a couple of minutes.
- First, plug your extender in any electrical outlet. Make sure that your extender is in the same room as your existing router during the installation process. Once the setup process gets complete, you can relocate your extender to your desired location.
- Wait until the power led blinks green. If the LED indicator doesn’t blink press the on/off button.
- Now take any of your wifi-enabled devices and connect them to your Netgear extender network.
- You will be asked for the password, enter the password as a password.
- If your device is popping up an error for the internet not available, keep going.
- Now launch your desired web browser and type mywifiext net in the address bar. Ensure that you are using an updated version of the web browser to avoid the error in the setup process.
- You are on a new Netgear extender setup page now.
- Click on the new extender setup and agree with all the terms and conditions.
- Now enter your new admin credentials like password and username and take a note of it.
- Now take a security check by answering two security questions. The security checks will help you if you forget your admin credentials.
- Click next.
- Now enter your existing wifi’s username and password and click next again.
- Now choose your band from 2.4 GHz or 5GHz, depending on your model. Some devices don’t support 5GHz band.
- You can also merge your extender and router’s admin credentials. Just select the enable one wifi option from the checkbox and your mash feature will get enabled.
- Now click next.
- To apply your settings, it will take a couple of minutes. Be patient.
- It’s time to change the location of your Netgear extender setup. We did advise you to locate your extender in half of your existing wifi network to get better performance.
- Now take any of your smart devices and connect them to your Netgear extender new network.
- Once connected, you are all set to surf the internet without any buffering issue at every footstep of your house.
- Keep your extender and router away from room corners, walls, baby monitors, fish tanks, aluminium objects, microwave ovens and other electronic furniture that can interfere with the network connection.
- Take the precaution mentioned above to get better performance and an amazing experience to surf the internet.
After applying the procedure as mentioned above, if you are still on a square one, don’t worry. Our experts are there to help you with the best guidance possible. Let us know about your issue in the comment box.