JAIIB is Junior Associate of Indian Institute of Bankers. The exam is conducted biannually by the IIBF. The Indian Institute of Banking and finance releases notification for JAIIB exam in the month of May and November.
This year due to COVID-19, the May session of JAIIB exam stands postponed but the November Session is under the process. Candidates appearing for JAIIB 2020 scheduled on 1st, 8th and 22nd November are required to put their best foot forward as the level of JAIIB exam is relatively difficult.
JAIIB is not any ordinary competitive exam. It is an exam for banking and finance employees which gives them an opportunity to up their career both in professional and personal aspects.
JAIIB exam preparation needs much effort and skills on candidates part as the subjects covered in the syllabus are related to professional knowledge. Hence the article aims to bring up a few effective tips for JAIIB exam preparation that can help you out do the competitors in the final face off.
Discussed below are the 10 tips which shall help candidates do effective preparation for Junior Associate of IIBF exam and ace the upcoming examination.
Tips To Ace the JAIIB Exam
- Analysis of selection process – Candidates should carefully analyse the Selection Process of Junior Associate of IIBF exam. This will enable them to know the exam structure, maximum marks for each phase, negative marking scheme, exam pattern, number of attempts allowed to appear for the exam, etc.
- Keep abreast with the syllabus – JAIIB exam is conducted for professionals working in banking and finance industries. Therefore it is important for candidates to be well aware of the latest syllabus covered in the examination. Once the candidate is aware of the syllabus, it is easier to start the preparation and sort out a study plan accordingly. JAIIB exam syllabus covers three papers namely, Principle and Practices of Banking, Accounting and Finance for Bankers and Legal and Regulatory Aspects of Banking. All these papers are further divided into moduces and parts.Candidates can check the details topic-wise JAIIB syllabus on the linked page.
- Strategise a Study Plan – With a proper study plan, focussing on each topic becomes easier and more convenient. It is also useful in terms of ensuring that equal time is dedicated to preparation of each subject. So, make a time table, allot time to each paper equally and follow devised schedules strictly. This will bring in discipline to your exam preparation.
- Gather the best study materials and books for preparation – With proper books and study material preparation becomes much easier. With clear concepts and enough material to study from, there is a wider scope of excelling in the exam. Do not try to refer to too many books or study material for a particular subject or topic, this will only baffle you and will do no good. IIBF provides dedicated study material for different papers for candidates convenience.
- Focus on Time Management – The online-based tests are time-bound and time management is the main factor to count for success. Thus, find sufficient time from work or duty and give proper hours to study. Divide time in a manner that the entire syllabus can be covered over a period of time and too many things are not left for the last moment. Also, keep solving more questions and improve on efficiency, you must work on your speed and time management skills.
- Look for your Strengths and Weaknesses – Of all the subjects which are a part of the syllabus of JAIIB exam, few may be tough while the others may be easy for the candidates. Thus, it is imperative for candidates to work harder on the weaker subjects without losing their command over their strengths in the exam. A little extra time and effort to the weak sections can help a lot.
- Refer to the Previous Year Question Papers and Solve sample questions – Reviewing the previous year papers for JAIIB exam can be fruitful as it will help candidates know the important topics with respect to the exam, standard of exam and apprehend the type of questions asked in the examination. Similarly, the more number of questions a candidate solves, higher is the probability of them understanding the concept well. They must focus on solving practise papers as much as possible and boost their confidence based on the marks scored in each test.
- Regularly Taking up Mock Tests – Candidates should solve mock tests regularly to evaluate their preparation level. Candidates then can direct their preparation accordingly. Solving mock tests which are based on the exact same paper pattern and time limit as followed for the Junior Associate of IIBF exam will also help candidates experience the exam-centre like atmosphere. Free mock tests are easily available online.
- Analyse the previous year cut off – This will help candidates analyse the increase or decrease in cut off marks, the minimum qualifying marks over the years and accordingly estimate the cut off for the upcoming exams. Knowing the trend of cut off marks can guide the candidate to prepare accordingly.
- Sufficient Time for Revision – The last one month before the exam must entirely be devoted to revision. Revisiting all the material that you run through during preparation and implying them on questions to strengthen your command over them must be done in the last 30-45 days before the examination. Do not try to learn anything new during this time.
Interested candidates who wish to upscale their career in the bank and finance industry can check relevant details on JAIIB exam here.
Aspirants must note that devoting sufficient time is mandatory for best results. With not much time left for the JAIIB 2020 examination, candidates must start their preparation now. They must start focusing on the revision to crack the examination, amid tough competition.