If you’re looking to build a new home or to upgrade your current home, one of the elements of your home that you have to consider are your doors. Doors are an integral component of every home and choosing the right door can add a whole new level of aesthetic appeal to your home. In this post, we take a look at bifold doors and their pros and cons to help you decide whether you should get them for your home.
What is a Bifold Door?
Bifold doors commonly refer to door systems that are comprised of multiple panels of glass or another material. These panels can be folded back on themselves and against the wall to give you access to the other side. They are usually held together by a sliding rack or other sliding mechanism, and they can be very compact when folded together.
Bifold doors are especially popular among homeowners with less space to work with. This is because when folded together, bifold doors take up minimal space and don’t intrude excessively into your living area. Moreover, glass-panelled bifold doors can also offer you almost unobstructed views of your home’s exterior, making them a great option to if you want to create a living space with a more open ambience.
Pros and Cons of Bifold Doors
Of course, you’re probably wondering what the pros and cons of bifold doors are. Carefully considering these can help you make a more well-informed decision about whether to install bifold doors in your home.
Bifold Door Pros
- They allow natural light to permeate your home and offer you good views of your home’s exterior.
- Bifold doors can add an aesthetic appeal to your home, and you can choose timber bifold doors for a rustic look or aluminium bifold doors if you’re going for a modern and trendy design.
- They typically do not require high maintenance, making them ideal if you have a busy schedule and do not want to spend time regularly maintaining your doors.
Bifold Door Cons
- Most manufacturers charge by the panel, meaning that they can be more expensive than alternatives such as sliding doors if you want to install them over a larger area.
- They are not the most energy efficient type of door, since you will be unable to create a good seal between the door and the sills.
Get Your Bifold Doors at Valley Windows
If you’re convinced by the perks of bifold doors and want to install them in your home, look no further. Valley Windows is one of the best builders of timber and aluminium bifold doors and we can build doors to your specifications. Even if you think that bifold doors aren’t for you, don’t hesitate to check out our extensive collections of other designs for timber and aluminium doors. Get in touch with us today for a free consultation on all your door and window needs!