Good books can be an integral property for the RBI Grade-B Officer rank exam preparation. However, most aspirants often encounter many problems while searching for the best RBI Grade-B books in the market.
In this article, we have prepared a list of the most reliable RBI Grade B books that you can consider for your exam and will enable you to carry out the exam preparation properly.
Different Phases of RBI Grade B Exam
Before looking into the book list, it is important to know the different phases of the RBI Grade B exam. So, let’s have a look at the different phases involved in the RBI Grade-B exam:
- Phase-I Objective Type (online Examination)
- Phase-II online examination
- Interview round
Exam Pattern for Phase – 1 RBI Grade-B Exam
As per the RBI, the Grade B Phase-1 exam pattern comprises four portions in total, as mentioned below:
|Subject||No. Of Questions||Marks|
Exam Pattern for RBI Grade-B Phase-2 Exam
After clearing the first phase of the exam, the aspirants will have to take the Phase-II exam. All questions except those in the English Language section will be given in English and Hindi.
The Exam Pattern for RBI Grade – B Phase-II exam is as follows:
|Name of the Paper||Type of the Paper||Duration
Economic & Social Issues
|Descriptive Type (answers to be typed with the help of keyboard)||90||100|
Finance & Management
For Each wrong answer, 1/4 marks will be deducted. However, there will be no negative marks on questions not attempted.
The List of Book for RBI Grade B Phase I
1. Logical Reasoning
- Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning by R.S. Aggarwal
2. English Language
- High School Grammar and Composition by Wren and Martin
- Objective General English by S.P. Bakshi
3. Quantitative Aptitude
- Quantitative Aptitude fully solved paper for Competitive Examinations written by R.S. Aggarwal.
- You can also go for Arun Sharma’s book on How to Prepare for Quantitative Aptitude for the CAT.
4. Banking Awareness
- Banking Awareness Book for SBI/IBPS Bank Clerk/PO/SO/RRB and RBI Exams by Disha Experts
- Arihant Experts suggested a book on Banking Awareness.
List of Book for RBI Grade B Books for Phase 2
1. Economic and Social Issues
- Development Economics: From the Poverty to the Wealth of Nation by Jujiro Hayami
- Indian Economy: Performance and Politics by Uma Kapila (Series of Books)
- Sociology: C.N. Shankar Rao
- RBI Bulletins
- Economic and Political Weekly
- Business India
- Economic Times
- Business Standard
2. Finance Management
The RBI has suggested some specific prep material related for finance:
- Monetary Theory and Public Policy – Kenneth Kurihara
- Robert E. Baldwin: Economic Growth and Development
- A Textbook of Economic Theory by DC Hauge
- Financial Management – Prasanna Chandra
- Indian Economy – Mishra and Puri
- Read all important economic newspapers and Political Weekly
- English (Writing Skills)
RBI has given no books or materials suggestions for the preparation of this section as it only depends on the candidates writing skills. Therefore, it completely depends on your practice.
To understand the exam pattern, important topics related to the syllabus aspirants must go through the RBI Grade B Previous Year Papers.
To Sum Up…
The books mentioned above will be of great help in your performance optimization. This will help you lessen the time invested in solving questions, solving more difficult questions. In addition, check the RBI Grade B previous year question paper to strengthen your weaknesses and accomplish your goal to crack the exam.
Stay Connect with our education blogs India for further information.