You were injured in a car accident that wasn’t entirely your fault. Arizona is a fault state, which means the at-fault driver is expected to pay for your damages (through their insurance company). No matter the circumstances, it is always advisable to call a Tucson auto accident attorney for advice and representation. If you are wondering whether you should spend money on this, here’s how the right attorney can help.
- Get free consultation & case assessment. Given that you are already dealing with losses and medical bills, you may not have the money to pay a lawyer immediately. The good news is most car accident lawyers in Arizona work on a contingency fee. You don’t need to pay a lawyer until they win. Also, the first meeting with an attorney is typically free of cost, and you can get a comprehensive overview of your claim. They can also suggest the merits and demerits of the case so that you have realistic expectations in terms of a settlement.
- Investigate the accident. Car accidents are rarely simple. If you had a role in causing the accident, the contributory negligence laws would come into play, and your settlement will be lower. You need an attorney so that they can investigate the case and find the necessary details. They will ensure that there is evidence to prove your claim. Finding fault and liability is often the hardest task, and if you don’t have a lawyer, you will have to accept whatever the insurance company says.
- Talk to the experts. What’s the worth of your claim? An attorney can investigate the case and talk to medical experts to know the actual extent of your injuries and suffering. They may even rely on accident reconstruction experts to ensure that you don’t settle for less or end up accepting blame for a crash you didn’t cause.
- Handle the negotiations. Your attorney is in charge of negotiations with the insurance representative. Settlements are not something that insurance companies are interested in, and they would do anything to minimize what they pay. Negotiating with the insurance company will be a lot easier with an attorney by your side.
- Take the matter to trial. While car accident cases are often settled through negotiations, some are different. If negotiations don’t lead to a fair settlement, your lawyer can take the case to trial.
Check online for the best-rated dui attorneys in Tucson now!