Goa is one of the most sought-over destinations in India. It is visited not only by tourists from all over the country, but also the world. Although small in size, this Indian state offers a wide variety of activities catering to all moods and needs. It boasts of having the expansive Arabian Sea, golden sand coastline stretching for miles, countless dining and drinking options combined with fun-filled party activities. You can either relax on one of the beaches or indulge in different types of adventure, thrilling and adrenaline-pumping sport activities. Whether you are an avid trekker or swimmer, you are sure to have amazing experiences here. But you need to make sure to book only the best hotels for your stay like Taj Holiday Village Resort & Spa Goa.
List of adventurous activities to enjoy in Goa
- Parasailing: The vast blue Arabian Sea offers breathtaking views. One major adventure sports activities to enjoy here is Parasailing. Generally, tourists prefer to avail boat parasailing. The parachute take off and landing occurs at the winch boat attached at the parachute’s other end. Couples, families and even kids enjoy taking part in parasailing activities. It offers enjoyment, thrill and frill and is much easier when compared to other popular water sports. October to May is regarded to be the best season to enjoy this adventure sport as the sea is much calmer, while the gentle winds help glide the parachute. You can enjoy parasailing at Dona Paula, Mobor, Baga Beach and Arambol Beach. The notable operators here are Sea Water Sports at Arpora, Goa Tours Planner at Calangute, Goan Banana’s Watersports at Calangute, Candolim and Baga. Approximate cost is Rs. 850 to 1,100.
- Snorkelling & Scuba Diving: Goan waters are filled with rich marine life and boasts of an enchanting world. You can indulge in snorkelling and scuba diving and get to see marine life under the waters. The colourful corals are a real delight for the eyes. This place is also less expensive when compared to Thailand or Maldives. You will be provided with safety equipment and guided by certified and experienced instructors. You will be provided with a one hour training session. On successful completion, you are ready to explore the sea, twelve meters down. The best time to enjoy this sport is between October and May as the sea is much calm. Some places that offer guided scuba diving activities are Agatti Island, Grande Island and Pigeon Island. Venugurla and Malyan are shallow sites located close to Panaji, the state’s capital. You can visit Angria Bank, considered to be a world-class diving site. There are other popular sites like Davy Jones Locker, Sail Rock, Turbo Tunnel and Suzy’s Wreck. Some popular operators are Goa Diving at Vasco, Bogmalo; Dive Goa at Candolim, Scuba Evolution India at Candolim, Aqua Sports at Calangute and Goa Yatra at Arpora. Approximate cost is Rs. 3,999 per person.
- Water Scooters: They offer a thrilling and safe water sport experience. This sport is rather combination of thrill and speed, where you get to ride a bike on ocean waters. You can find them at Candolim, Majorda, Cidade de Goa and Dona Paula Jetty. The notable operators here are Goa Yatching Association at Panaji, Yazoo Water Sports at Calangute and Hotel Cidade-de-Goa at Dona Paula. The best season to enjoy this sport is between October and March. It costs around Rs.500.
- Windsurfing: This popular sport combines both surfing and sailing. The rider is required to stand on the surf board with a strong grip over the attached sail. You need to manoeuvre based on the prevailing water and wind pressure. You will have to balance properly on the surfboard and cruise through the blue waters. The best place for beginners to enjoy windsurfing is Baga, Calangute and Candolim beaches. Those who are adventurous at heart can do windsurfing during the afternoon as the wind during this time is stronger offering challenging and thrilling experience. Some places offering windsurfing activities include Palolem, Vagator, Bogmalo, Miramar and Dona Paula Jetty. The notable operators here are Sea Water Sports at Arpora, Octopus Surf School at Morjim and Atlantis Watersports. The best time to indulge in this watersport activity is between October and March. The charges are approximately Rs.1,500+.
- Kayaking: It is considered to be a less strenuous, but too challenging and calming water activity. You are required to paddle through the backwaters rivulets and thickets, while enjoying the scenic beauty around. The different clubs in Goa offers a variety of exciting options like moonlight kayaking, picnics, kayak festivals and kayak races. South Goa beaches promote this sport much more than other places. October to May is the best season to enjoy this sport as the sea is found to be more placid with moderate currents. Some places that offer kayaking sport are Dona Paula Jetty, Palolem Beach, Nerul River, Hollant Beach, backwaters of Mandovi, Sal and Zuari. The notable operators are Goa Kayaking at Vasco da Gama and Hydro Sports at Dona Paula. It costs around Rs. 1,600 to 3,200 per person.
- Boat cruise & White Water River Rafting at River Mandovi: River Mhadei or Mandovi is located at Mhadei Wildlife Sanctuary borders. They are also among the country’s most picturesque rivers. Whitewater river rafting is promoted by GTDC attracting local and foreign tourists alike. This exciting activity is a popular sport for many adventure enthusiasts. You are provided with life jackets, safety equipment and some training to complete successfully the 10 km. long adventure trip. The places to visit to enjoy this activity are Valpoi, Mhadei River and Sattari. The meeting points include Sayed Nagar and Earthern Pot Restaurant. Cruises depart near Mandovi River at Santa Monica Pier. The notable operators in the region are Goa Rafting at Bardez, Goa Tourism Development Corpn. and Atlantis Water Sports. The best season to enjoy this sort is between October and March. The approximate cost per person is Rs.300 for an hour’s cruise, while for rafting is Rs.1,800.
You can enjoy staying at the Taj Holiday Village Resort & Spa Goa and indulge in your favourite sports.