Ceramic coating protects your car’s paint and passengers, ensuring a smooth and comfortable driving experience and keeping your vehicle looking like new for years to come. While there are many benefits to ceramic coating, it can’t protect against every grime or scratch and comes with a hefty price tag. You’ll need to have it installed by a professional, which can be time-consuming and expensive. Read on to find out why ceramic coating is taking the place of wax as the primary way to protect your vehicle’s paint, the advantages and disadvantages of ceramic coating, and where to buy it.
Which kind of coating should you use?
There are a few different ways to protect and change the color of your car. Some of the most common are powder coating, ceramics (or nano-coating), and car wax. If you’re a new car owner, you may be wondering which one is best for you. Let’s take a look at the pros and cons of each.
This is an aesthetic process that involves applying and baking a powder to a car part. It has no performance benefits, but it can help you get the look you want.
While car wax is easy to get and apply, it doesn’t last as long as other coatings. You’ll need to reapply it every few months, and it’s more prone to breakage.
When you apply ceramic coating to your car, it creates a bond with your car’s paint. This means that it won’t wash away and won’t break down like wax, so you won’t have to worry about repeat applications. It’s stronger, more effective, and adds a lot of other benefits that coatings can’t match.
Pros of using ceramic coating
There are a number of reasons why ceramic coating is becoming increasingly popular as a paint protection option. Understanding the benefits of ceramic coating can help you decide whether or not it’s right for your vehicle.
- Ceramic Coating is transparent. This makes your car’s paint more reflective and gives it a glossy look.
- It prevents UV light exposure, which can lead to conditions such as skin cancer.
- It prevents oxidation, which can damage the paint.
- It blocks out the sun’s rays, which can cause fading and damage to the interior.
- Due to the liquid polymer in the ceramic coating, your car’s paint becomes hydrophobic. This means that the coating repells water, making it easier for mud and dirt to slide off and making it easier to clean the entire car.
- The nano-coating will last much longer than a regular 5-6 month car wax coating. The strong layers make it more resistant to scratching and damage. It also means that you won’t have to apply it as often, which means you’ll save time and money in the long run.
- Ceramic coating comes with a warranty if you experience any issues. The professional services you buy from will repair or replace the coating to make your car look like new.
These are just a few of the potential benefits of ceramic coating your car. There are many more depending on the type of car, the model you drive, the ceramic coating supplier you choose and more.
Disadvantages of ceramic coating:
Ceramic coating isn’t for everyone, so it’s important to consider the potential drawbacks before deciding if it’s right for you. Scratches and water spots can be a problem, and it can cost a lot of money and time to install. Plus, there are lots of at-home kits out there, but they don’t always give the best results. All in all, though, it’s a great way to keep your car looking and feeling like new.