Glass doors are a nice addition to your home since they improve the property’s overall outlook and value. Keeping luxury glass windows clean is necessary to retain their appeal but can prove challenging. Dirt and smudges are most visible on glass doors, so the cleaning process should focus on leaving the glass squeaky clean. Below are several tips for top cleaning methods for glass doors.
Gather the Right Glass Cleaning Equipment
Window washing can be quite complex. Unlike cleaning most surfaces, glass requires special attention when cleaning to avoid haze. Finding the right glass cleaning equipment makes the job easier, leaving you with clear windows.
Some of the required supplies you will need include:
- Rubbing alcohol
- Spray bottle
- Microfiber (lint-free) cloth
- Foam sponge
- Paper towels
- Glass cleaner solution
- Natural cleaning agents like baking soda and vinegar (optional)
Proper cleaning equipment can help prevent streaks on glass doors and windows. Such simple items are ideal for a daily glass window and door wipe. Go for natural cleaning agents since they are safer for your household and offer better environmentally friendly results.
Take Advantage of Cloudy Weather
Cloudy days are the best for window cleaning; you can see the dirt and the cool weather allows you time for a successful job.
The sun prematurely dries the glass cleaning solution, often leaving unimpressive streaks. Such a cleaning job will create hazy glass doors and force you to repeat the whole process.
Cleaning windows under cloudy weather offers you time to leave the soapy water and solution. You can then clear away the solution for streak-free results and an impressive shine.
Spot Clean Before Wiping the Entire Surface
Your approach to glass cleaning often determines the results you get; you should remove any visible dirt before cleaning the glass door. Spot cleaning helps reduce the chances of leaving any streaks behind.
Try wiping the dirt using paper towels or a dry sponge. Most of the dry dirt will come off, but spray on some cleaning solution and wipe it down if offending spots remain. Clear out any spots or dirt specks on the luxury glass door before cleaning the entire surface.
A thorough clean on your glass will be simpler with all the dirt spots gone. Lay some rags at the base of your doors or window to prevent soapy runoff from moving to other parts of the home.
Here is a step-by-step process for cleaning a glass surface:
- Soak the foam sponge in soapy water and use it to wipe down the glass door surface on both sides. Let the soapy water sit for several minutes to help deal with the dirt.
- Use clean water to wash off the soapy water on the glass. Work from the top downwards to prevent leaving behind drips.
- Spray glass cleaning solution or rubbing alcohol on both surfaces.
- Clean out the glass cleaning solution using a squeegee to prevent streak spots.
- Wipe off any excess water along the edges for a dry glass surface. Dry glass does not attract as much dust, so your clean surface lasts longer.
- Remove the rags at the bottom of the door and dry any runoff water or solution on the ground. You end up with a clean patio and a clear garden view.
Clean the Hardware
Door handles often house germs and smudges since they get heavy traffic as people move in and out of the house. Glass door hardware is an integral part of the glass door, so you shouldn’t neglect them during cleaning.
Door or window hardware cleaning is straightforward; clean the handle and frame surfaces using a damp cloth and soapy water, then disinfect the surfaces. Once they dry, polish the surfaces lightly to leave them looking brand new.
Don’t Forget the Rails
You have to pay attention to the rails if you have sliding doors. Debris and dirt particles gather inside the tracks, affecting your door’s smooth operation. You might notice resistance to movement along the track, which you can solve through a thorough clean.
Here are some steps for cleaning the rails for smooth operation:
- Remove the sliding door by raising the rollers off the rails. Pulling out the sliding door leaves you with a clear view of the whole track for a complete clean.
- Vacuum any dirt or debris on the top and bottom rails. Use a toothbrush with some cleaning solution to rub off any remaining grime on the tracks.
- Lubricate the rails before replacing the door. Open and close the door several times to spread out the lubricant so the door functions properly.
Clean Luxury Glass Windows Regularly for Top Results
Maintaining clean windows improves the appeal of your home and helps you retain impeccable views. You can prevent dirt build-up and keep the shine by regularly cleaning your luxury glass windows. Follow the steps in this guide to leave your glass doors and windows looking their best.