The benefits of yoga have already been well established, but when it comes to a single asana providing you countless benefits, Surya Namaskar beats all. Surya Namaskar is a unique yoga asana consisting of 12 beautifully linked asanas performed in a graceful chain. Starting from Pranamasana and Hasta Uttanasana as warm up poses, Surya Namaskar flows into more intense poses like Ashwa Sanchalanasana, Dandasana, Ashtanga Namaskara and more. Here are 11 ways Surya Namaskar can boost your health:
- Increases Flexibility: Surya Namaskar requires you to perform various poses that stretch your body and help you eliminate any tension in your muscles. This helps strengthen your spine and increase flexibility.
- Improves Stability: This asana can be performed flawlessly only when there is complete coordination between your brain and body. This increases stability by improving the functioning of your system.
- Boosts Metabolism: The flow of Surya Namaskar puts your abdominal muscles under considerable pressure, pushing your digestive organs to work better. The increased oxygen and blood levels in your body boost your metabolism.
- Brings About Menstrual Regularity: Surya Namaskar can play a crucial part in controlling your pituitary and adrenal glands. If you have irregular periods, this might just be the thing for you. It is also beneficial in soothing period cramps.
- Better Mental Health: Surya Namaskar controls the production of cortisol – the stress hormone, and increases serotonin production – the happy chemical. This reduces stress, makes you feel calmer, happier and more centred.
- Increases Breathing Stamina: This yogasana increases oxygen levels in your body, improving lung health and capacity. It helps your body get fresh, oxygenated blood that’s vital in the growth of your body.
- Increases Blood Circulation: Better oxygen levels help your heart pump more fresh blood. This increases your body’s blood level, improving blood supply and providing benefits like better cognitive function.
- Improves Skin And Hair Health: Increased oxygen and blood levels mean the supply of nutrients, proteins, oxygen and blood to your hair and health is excellent. This helps you get glowing skin and thick, healthy hair.
- Straightens Sleep Schedule: Since Surya Namaskar is beneficial for reducing stress and calming your mind, it, in turn, helps improve the quality of your sleep and cure problems like insomnia, sleep apnea, etc.
- Boosts Energy Levels: Surya Namaskar increases your oxygen levels and keeps up your heart rate for a long time. This boosts energy levels considerably and helps you not get tired quickly.
- Helps Lose Weight: Better metabolism and digestive function are imperative in helping you lose weight. Surya Namaskar at a fast pace is also characterised as a great weight loss cardio exercise.
The multiple excellent benefits of Surya Namaskar are just too good to miss out on. Learn the different variations of Surya Namaskar from Cult.Live’s pack and change your lifestyle for the better. Just a few minutes dedicated to this regularly will help you see significant improvements and Cult.Live will help you get it right. You can find out more information from their website and get started!