Bed bugs have been there around for so many years now. They are not known to spread any disease to humans but they feed on blood. But if they bite people, that could cause some allergy. You will have to get immediate treatment if bitten by bed bugs. This might soothe you but it will still cause discomfort to your skin. If you have multiple bed bugs bites then you need to consult a doctor as soon as possible.
How can you identify bed bugs?
An adult bed bug will be approximately 5mm long and before they feed on blood they will be seen as flattened light brown organisms. After they have fed they will become dark brown and will appear to be rounder in structure.
They come out during the night as they can sense the warmth of the bodies and carbon dioxide in the breath. Usually, these bed bugs are found in the bedrooms and hide in the cracks during the day.
Also, you will find bed bugs in the cracks of the frame of the beds, in the seams of the mattress and also behind the furniture which surrounds the bed.
What are the major sources of bed bugs?
- Overnight buses
- Cinema halls
Are you looking out for ways for bed bug controlin your private space? Well, here we have listed out some ways that can help you. Let us explore some of them which have been mentioned below and use these practices in our daily lives.
- If you have any clutter in your bedroom or any other part of your house, you need to make sure you clean and get away with that.
- Make sure your bed isn’t close to any furniture or the walls of your room.
- You need to wash your blankets, bed sheets, pillowcases regularly and keep them in the hot dryer for at least 45 minutes. Also, you should use mattress and box spring covers.
- If you notice any cracks or openings in any part of your home, you need to get that sealed immediately.
If you are looking out for professional bug control, then you can look up for their services online and get the most appropriate one for your needs!
Some pest prevention tips which can be beneficial to homeowners
- After the pest control treatment has been done in your house you need to make sure you wait for at least 4-5 hours before you start mopping or cleaning your home. Also, ensure that you do not use any strong and harsh chemicals for wiping it off.
- Another important thing that you need to bear in mind is that you need to keep all the containers sealed tightly because the pests are attracted to water and food sources.
- Do not leave any crumbs out there on the countertop, floor or even the bin. Make it a regular habit to clean it regularly. Never leave your dishes in the sink because they are a major source of food that attracts pests in your homes.
- Usually, termites and cockroaches prefer moisture. So, it is very important that you clear any stagnant water and fix any leakage in your homes – even if it is a minor one. Also, do not forget to discard cans or bottles which could end up being a breeding place for mosquitoes.
- If you use any cardboard boxes, it is high time you throw those out because they are a huge attraction for cockroaches and termites. You are better off with boxes and containers like glass and plastic which has tight lids and prevents any breeding of pests and insects. Also, those containers will never go in waster because you can always re-use them.
- Also, you need to make sure the trash bins need to have a fitted lid for it. the trash needs to be disposed of every single day in order to keep away pests who are attracted to foul smell.
You need to be safe and aware of the serious problems that can be caused by pest infestation. It can lead to health and structural damage to your homes. So, in order to keep your home and loved ones safe from serious consequences it is important that you use the tips above to have a safe and clean home.