Gaming monitors is a luxury or an undefined need for this technology-oriented time frame. As the gaming industry is booming and it has become a full-time revenue generating stream not being limited to entertainment only. This industry has been known as e-sports now because globally we have tournaments, world cups and national level competitions.
It has become essential for the ultimate gamers to learn how to choose the best gaming monitors for gamers so that they can have the best gaming experience and make themselves a better player with the help of proper graphics and visual analysis through monitors.
There are some features to look for, when choosing the best gaming monitor.
- PANEL TECHNOLOGY
There are three types of display technologies and each has its own advantages and disadvantages.
- Twisted Nematic (TN) panels are the most affordable and are popular among gamers because they offer fast pixel responses and refresh rates.
- Vertical Alignment (VA) panels are known for their high native contrast ratio, robust colors, and ability to display deep blacks, but they also produce noticeable ghosting which is not a plus for gaming performance.
- In-Plane Switching (IPS) panels provide the best color quality, strong gray-scale performance, and wide viewing angles, but they are not able to cope with the pixel response of TN panels.
|Performance||Lower response times and highest refresh rates||Longest response times than any and higher refresh rates||Response times less than TN and gaming-quality refresh rates are rare|
|Display||Worst viewing angles and worst color||Viewing angles better than TN and good color||Best viewing angles and best color|
|User Purpose||Gaming||General Use||Professional|
- REFRESH RATES
A monitor’s refresh rate is the measure of how many times the monitor can refresh the displayed image per second and it is measured in Hertz (Hz). Monitors can have the following refresh rates:
If you are a gamer and you want a monitor with at least 75 Hz but if you are a regular gamer or generating an income stream from it then we need to find a best monitor for gaming with a refresh rate of 144 Hz, combined with the lowest response time.
A monitor’s resolution tells you how many pixels a monitor has and a higher resolution means a higher pixel count which means better visual detail and better image clarity.
Gaming monitors today can have the following resolutions
- 1080p (Full HD)
- 1440p (2K)
- 2160p (4K)
Well when it comes to deciding for your ideal resolution you need to consider your GPU power and what’s your priority i.e performance or visual quality.
- RESPONSE TIME
Response time shows us how long a monitor takes to change individual pixels from black to white and from one shade of gray to another. It is measured in milliseconds. We should prefer shorter response time and because longer duration produces blur images and it is not suitable for gaming monitors.
- SYNC TECHNOLOGY
Each technology is applied to eliminate the screen tear problem with a slight affect to the performance.
- G-Sync by Nvidia, it requires dedicated hardware built into the display in order to function properly.
- Free Sync by AMD, it only requires compliance with the latest DisplayPort standards and doesn’t require specialized hardware to function.
How to choose a gaming monitor for gamers is a difficult task if you are new to this and need a good monitor based on your needs with no idea about its features then you can turn to our buying guide for a blast of knowledge.